What is Global Sustainable Finance Network?
Global Sustainable Finance Network (GSFN) is a voluntary membership based global initiative of the World Federation of Development Financing Institutions (WFDFI) that brings together financial institutions and other stakeholders committed to the advancement of sustainable finance.
To promote sustainable finance through initiatives that provide growth opportunities to members, enhance their capacities, foster innovation and bring together stakeholders to promote a model financial industry that is based on sustainable practices.
We envision a thriving, preeminent global community of financial institutions and other stakeholders working together for projects, programs and activities that are socially beneficial, environmentally responsible and economically viable.
Who we are
The World Federation of Development Financing Institutions (WFDFI) is the global focal point for institutions providing and promoting sustainable development finance. Founded on June 13, 1979 in Zurich, Switzerland, the WFDFI covers 328 member institutions in 154 countries and territories around the world. Its vision is to be the world’s preeminent knowledge and advocacy network on sustainable development finance.
ADFIAP is the focal point of all development banks and other financial institutions engaged in the financing of sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific region. Founded in 1976, ADFIAP has presently 130 member-institutions in 45 countries. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is a Special Member of the Association. ADFIAP is also a founding member of the World Federation of Development Financing Institutions (WFDFI) composed of similar regional associations in Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East. ADFIAP is a non-governmental organization in consultative status with the United Nation’s Economic and Social Council. ADFIAP is the 2008 Overall Winner (Developing Country category) of the Associations Make a Better World Award of the American Society of Association Executives and the Center for Association Leadership. ADFIAP is a non-stock, not-for-profit international organization with headquarters in Manila, Philippines.
Etech Germany specializes in creating sector specific greening programs and develops and implements projects that contribute in transition to sustainable economy. Together with its network partners from industry, research and development organisations, public bodies and education institutions as well as with a range of experts covering different sectors of economy, Etech Germany works in the following areas:
- Education for Sustainability;
- Stimulating Green Markets: Programs that support both demand and supply side;
- Ecologizing of private and public buildings and infrastructure;
- Green Financing;
- Corporate Sustainability;
- Development and implementation of pilot projects for demonstration of innovative and Information dissemination that leads to greening of various sectors.
The GSFN has been established to:
- Provide a common platform that helps its member financial institutions benefit from opportunities emerging through transformation to sustainable economy;
- Support its members in developing capacities to integrate sustainability across the board;
- Foster initiatives that help build public-private partnerships promoting sustainable lending and investments;
- Offer networking opportunities to member financial institutions, multilateral organizations, government bodies, business and industry and other stakeholders for sharing experiences and ideas;
- Provide a forum to support the development and execution of sustainable finance policies and practices;
- Present a marketplace for members to promote their sustainable finance expertise, business ideas, products and services and to search for partners to develop and execute programs, projects and activities; and
- Perform any other task that promotes sustainable finance.