ADFIAP’s Framework for the Future
To continue to be relevant in the 21st century and to fulfill the aspirations of its members and stakeholders, ADFIAP is ever mindful of its avowed rasion d’ etre and is constantly reviewing its strategic framework amidst a changing environment. The following “Framework for the Future” is a work in progress and will continuously evolve as ADFIAP tracks the path of its own sustainability.
OUR CAUSE (why we exist)
ADFIAP facilitates the work of development financing institutions and professionals in advancing sustainable development through knowledge delivery and collaboration initiatives.
OUR VALUE PROPOSITION (what we do)
ADFIAP links institutions, people and ideas to inspire leadership and achievement within the development banking and finance community.
OUR PROMISE (how we serve our stakeholders)
ADFIAP commits to uniquely provide exceptional experiences, essential tools, and a vibrant community that make members and stakeholders be more successful in their work.
OUR GOALS & OBJECTIVES
GOAL 1: KNOWLEDGE
ADFIAP will be the definitive source for ideas, tools, and resources for the development banking and finance industry and profession.
Outcome: ADFIAP is the first choice for knowledge and information for the development banking and finance industry and profession.
- Enhance the quantity, quality, and relevance of development finance tools and resources.
- Sustain the ADFIAP’s reputation as the preferred provider of training and capacity-building services in development banking and finance.
- Strengthen ADFIAP’s capacity to explore new ideas and approaches for the profession and industry, and foster greater innovation within a global business environment.
- Pursue opportunities for collaboration both inside and outside the development banking and finance community.
- Develop and promote industry and professional standards and best practices.
- Intensify its linkages with financial institutions in the ADFIAP community, and develop further its extensive network of contacts with other organizations.
GOAL 2: LEARNING
ADFIAP’s exceptional learning programs and experiences will enable the development banking and finance community to consistently produce superior results.
Outcome: Those in the development banking and finance community attribute their enhanced performance to ADFIAP’s learning programs and experiences.
- Produce learning experiences that pioneer new approaches and model best practices in training and capacity-building programs.
- Offer learning options that can be customized to the needs and resources of a diverse group of participants.
GOAL 3: COMMUNITY
ADFIAP will engage the development banking and finance industry and professionals in a diverse, global, and welcoming community.
Outcome: ADFIAP is the community affiliation of choice for the development banking and finance industry and professionals.
- Help those in the development banking and finance community connect with others who share their interests.
- Promote and nurture a culture that supports diversity in every facet of the organization.
- Increase collaboration with national, regional and allied networks.
GOAL 4: ADVOCACY
ADFIAP’s advocacy and communications efforts will enhance recognition for the industry and profession and result to a positive image for the development banking and finance community.
Outcome: The general public recognizes the valuable role that development banks and financial institutions and professionals play in advancing sustainable development.
- Increase awareness among the general public, policymakers, and the media of the critical role development banks and financial institutions and professionals play in society.
- Identify key public policy priorities and work to enact such policies that benefit the development banking and finance community.