Members Factsheet

Credit Guarantee Corporation Malaysia Berhad

Credit Guarantee Corporation Malaysia Berhad (CGC) was established on 5 July 1972 and it is 78.65% owned by Bank Negara Malaysia and the remaining 21.35% owned by various commercial banks in Malaysia. The core business of CGC is to assist SMEs, especially those with inadequate or without collateral and track record, to obtain credit facilities from financial institutions by providing guarantee cover on such facilities. CGC has availed over 444,700 guarantees and financing to SMEs valued over RM63.7 billion since its establishment.

CGC’s support for SMEs is not only confined to the provision of loan guarantees and financing facilities, but also credit information and credit rating services through its subsidiary Credit Bureau Malaysia. Through the Bureau, CGC assists SMEs to build a credit history and track record to enhance their credibility and bankability to secure financing on their own merit and at reasonable cost.

CGC also introduced imSME in February 2018, Malaysia’s first SME financing/loan referral platform that serves as an alternative channel to find for financing products, saving them time and the hassle of going through a time consuming process. The imSME ensures that SMEs, at different stages of their business developments, will be guided well to the legitimate and authorized channels to source for their business financing needs.

Government-funded schemes currently managed by CGC includes Flexi Guarantee Scheme (SME-All Economic Sectors), Flexi Guarantee Scheme-i (SME-All Economic Sectors), Franchise Financing Scheme (FFS), Disaster Relief Facility 2017 and Disaster Relief Facility-i 2017

To date, CGC had managed a total of 45 guarantee and financing schemes including 16 government-backed schemes. Currently, seventeen (17) Commercial Banks, fifteen (15) Islamic Banks, and seven (7) Development Financial Institutions (DFIs) are participating in CGC’s guarantee schemes in providing financing to customers through a wide network of more than 2,600 branches nationwide to avail financing.

 

Key Person

Photo of Datuk Mohd Zamree Mohd Ishak
Datuk Mohd Zamree Mohd Ishak President & Chief Executive Officer
 
  • Ownership

    • Bank Negara Malaysia 78.65%, Others 21.35%
  • Type of Institution

    Specialized Bank
  • Total Assets

    USD 1.2 Billion as of December 2017
  • Employees

    545 employees as of 19 February 2018
Credit Guarantee Corporation Malaysia Berhad
  • Headquarters

    Bangunan CGC, Kelana Business Centre, No. 97, Jalan SS7/2 47301 Kelana Jaya, Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan , Malaysia
    Phone +60378062300 Fax +60378063308
    Website www.cgc.com.my