- Ordinary, Special, Sponsor, Associate and Honorary Membership shall be acquired in the following manner:
- eligible institutions seeking Ordinary membership in the Association shall submit applications to the Secretary General of the Association in the approved form;
- eligible institutions seeking Special, Sponsor/Sustaining and Associate membership shall likewise submit applications to the Secretary General;
- applications for Ordinary membership shall be considered and approved by the Board of Directors, while applications for membership in the Special, Sponsor/Sustaining and Associate categories shall be considered and approved by the General Secretariat, subject to the confirmation of the Board of Directors.
- the Secretary General shall submit applications for membership to the Board of Directors;
- upon approval of membership, or otherwise, the Secretary General shall inform the applicant-institution of the decision of the Board of Directors within 30 days at which the decision was made;
- the decision of the Board of Directors shall be final, subject to the overriding authority of the General Assembly; and in the case of Associate Members, application should have the endorsement of an Ordinary Member in the country to which the prospective member belongs.
- Ordinary, Special, Sponsor and Associate members shall pay annually such membership fees as may be prescribed by the General Assembly from time to time.
- Honorary members shall not pay any membership fees.