The ADFIAP Awards
Honoring the Members’ Outstanding People and Projects
Concept Categories and Nomination Form
(Please send to ADFIAP Secretariat via email: c/o email@example.com or send via post to ADFIAP, 2nd Floor, Skyland Plaza, Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, Makati City 1200, Philippines.)
I. Concept Categories/Nomination Form
A. Outstanding Development Project Awards
The institutional awards, i.e., the ADFIAP “Outstanding Development Project Awards” recognizes and honors ADFIAP members which have undertaken and/or assisted projects that have created a development impact in their respective countries. Awards are given to members, which in the judgment of the ADFIAP Awards Board, have implemented or enhanced outstanding and innovative development projects during the immediate past year.
Please select the appropriate category entry; put the name of your project in the space provided for and attach a 200-300 word summary of the project (s) entered and its development impact and benefits. You may opt to send the supporting materials, e.g., brochures, videos, photos, etc. in a separate cover or by e-mail, using jpeg format. Please refer to judging guidelines.
You may submit as many entries in as many categories as you deem fit. However, project entry(ies) should cover those you have undertaken or those you have improved/enhanced in the year 2009.
Category 1: Human Capital Development. A program or scheme which the member institutionally implemented to enhance the professional capacities and career growth of its officers and staff and/or its clients.
Category 2: Environmental Development. An undertaking that has involved the member and/or its clients in minimizing or eradicating environmental risks and/or in promoting environmental due diligence and management practices in their respective institution and/or client operations.
Category 3: SME Development. A lending program, facility or scheme developed by the member that assisted and/or provided financing access and technical assistance to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the country.
Category 4: Infrastructure Development. A project loan program or fund that was designed to develop or improve the strategic and long-term infrastructure facilities in the country.
Category 5: Technology Development. A project, loan facility or funding made available by the member for the advancement of the technological base, know-how, and innovation in the country.
Category 6: Trade Development. A project, financing program or facility that assisted the country in developing, promoting and boosting its trade internationally.
Category 7: Local Economic Development. An initiative, program or facility in a specific area (province, community or village) that was designed and developed to create a favorable environment for business to flourish, to promote their competitiveness, or to create opportunities for new and start-up businesses, be they initiated by external investors or local entrepreneurs.
Category 8: Development Finance-led Poverty Reduction. A program or scheme that used development finance as a tool or instrument to reduce or alleviate poverty in the country.
Category 9: Corporate Governance. An undertaking, a program or project developed, instituted or adopted by the member that advocates, promotes and sustains good corporate governance practices and ideals.
Category 10: Corporate Social Responsibility. A program, project or undertaking developed, adopted and instituted by the member that advances and sustains responsible citizenship for social good.
B. Individual Awards
1. Outstanding CEO Award
The “Outstanding CEO Award” is given to a practicing Chief Executive Officer whose singular, leadership, vision and achievement, in the judgment of the Awards Board, stands out among the other nominees for the award. Without focusing on the size of the institution, the judges will be assessing the stature of the individual, the positive effect that the person’s leadership has had on his or her institution, and the impact his decisions have had on the development banking profession, in particular, and on the development of the country, in general.
Please submit a 200-300 word summary of the positive effect that the person’s leadership has had on his/her institution and the impact this leader’s decisions have had on the development banking profession, in particular, and on the development of the country, in general. Please refer to judging guidelines.
1. Must be nominated (including self-nomination) by an ADFIAP member-institution and/or its subsidiaries, institutional partners of ADFIAP and the Association itself;
2. Must be a practicing CEO of an ADFIAP member institution for at least one year; and,
3. Must prove, through supporting documentation, that his stature, leadership, vision and achievement in managing his institution during the covered year merits the nod of the Awards Board. Weight will be given to the best practice or innovation that the CEO has succeeded in implementing in his respective institution.
OUR NOMINEE: (Please nominate only the one person whom you think will best qualify for the
2. Distinguished Person Award
On the other hand, the “Distinguished Person Award” is a lifetime achievement award given to a person who has, in his or her chosen career, excelled and made a mark in the country or internationally and for his or her outstanding accomplishment(s) in the field of development, in general, and in the development banking profession, in particular.
Please submit a 200-300 word summary on why your nominee should be given this lifetime achievement award citing his or her outstanding accomplishments or achievements rendered for the cause of development. Please refer to judging guidelines.
1. Must be nominated (including self nomination) by an ADFIAP member-institution and/or its subsidiaries, institutional partners of ADFIAP and the Association itself;
2. Must have been associated with an ADFIAP member-institution and/or the Association itself for at least one year; and,
3. Must have, in his or her chosen career, excelled and made a mark in the country or internationally for his or her outstanding accomplishment(s) in the field of development, in general, and in the development banking profession, in particular.
OUR NOMINEE: (Please nominate only the one person whom you think will best qualify for the Award)
C. Special Awards
Please indicate beside the special awards category if you’re entering your sustainability report
and website in the contest:
1. For best sustainability report
2. For best website
II. Search and Selection Process
• For the “Outstanding Development Project Awards”, members are encouraged to nominate as many entries in various categories.
• For the “Outstanding CEO Award”, the current CEO who has served for at least a year maybe nominated.
• For the “Distinguished Person Award”, the nominee could also be someone outside of the member-institution.
• For the Best Annual Report Category, all member institutions are invited to send either their latest Annual Report (2008/2009) providing the 5 judges a copy of their Annual Report.
• the Best Website Category, all member institutions may nominate their respective institutions citing their website address in the nomination form.
• The ADFIAP Awards Board will make a shortlist of all submitted entries and from this shortlist, the ADFIAP Awards Board will select the winners. The Awards Board will have a Chairman and at least four members.
III. Rules and Regulations
a) Entries for the “Outstanding Development Project Awards” should be those that were implemented or significantly enhanced during the past immediate year. It is possible for more than one member to vie for a particular category.
b) Supporting materials should be in English. If the material is in another language, a translation must be provided. Videos, ads and printed materials are welcome. Please note that these supporting materials will no longer be returned.
IV. Entry Details
• Entry period is from February 16 to March 31, 2010
• Please send/courier complete supporting materials to the:
ADFIAP Secretariat c/o Ms. Sandy I. Lim
2nd Floor, Skyland Plaza
Sen. Puyat Ave., Makati City 1200
Tel. Nos: +632 816 1672/843 0932 Fax No: +632 817 6498
V. Entry (ies) and Summary(ies)
Kindly refer and use the attached judging guidelines when summarizing your proposed project for nomination. . The same goes for the ADFIAP nominees for the “Outstanding CEO Award” and the “Distinguished Person Award” and his or her accomplishments. Kindly note that these summaries are important elements in the search and selection process so please be accurate, specific and concise. Please limit your paper to not more than 300 words.