ADFIAP, through its consulting and advisory group, ADFIAP Consulting (AC), has organized successfully the APEC-supported operational dialogue on innovative financial inclusion policies with the theme, “Accelerating Financial Inclusion in Asia and the Pacific” on September 15, 2011 in Honolulu , Hawaii . The event brought together 24 policy makers, regulatory officials and experts on financial inclusion from 10 APEC member-economies. ADFIAP acted as technical coordinator and content provider for the event on behalf of the Philippine Department of Finance which is the project’s overseer.
The conference was undertaken to further advance the new inclusive growth agenda launched during 17thAPEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting in Singapore in November 2009, focused on the implementation of the leaders’ instructions to build capacity and map strategies and programs related to the agenda. The dialogue offered an opportunity in promoting inclusive finance given that large segments of the region’s economies still lack access to financial services. Among the topics discussed were national strategy and regulatory framework for effective financial inclusion, micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) access to finance, micro-insurance, movable asset registry, credit information bureau and client protection.
The conference, which included a workshop, also afforded the participants the opportunity to share each other’s country experiences and to formulate a draft financial inclusion definition and action plan that will accelerate APEC’s agenda in member-economies. The presentation materials can be download below.
- Accelerating Financial Inclusion in Asia and the Pacific: An Operational Dialogue on Innovative Financial Inclusion Policies
- Financial Inclusion Consumer Protection in the Philippines
- Registry for Movable Assets: Easing SME Access to Credit
- Crafting Frameworks for Effective Financial Inclusion: The Philippine Experience
- Financial Inclusion and Microinsurance
- Peruvian Credit Information Registry (CIR) & Financial Inclusion