This year’s winners of the most coveted ADFIAP Awards – the institutional Outstanding Development Project Awards and the individual Outstanding CEO of the Year Award, were presented in a formal awarding ceremony and gala dinner on April 29, 2008 at the Esteghal Grand Hotel in Tehran, Iran on the occasion of the 31st Annual Meetings of ADFIAP. Eleven members were honored during the awarding ceremony as they emerged winners from 32 project entries from 19 institutions in 11 countries.
The winners of the Outstanding Development Project Awards were:
* Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP) for its DBP Management Associates Program (Human Resource Development Category);
* Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP) for its LBP’s Environmental Due Diligence (Environmental Development Category);
* Export-Import Bank of India and Planters Development Bank for their Enterprise Management Development Services Project and Industrial Park for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME Development Category), respectively;
* Development Bank of Kazakhstan (DBK) and Bank of Industry & Mine for their Creation of Transport and Logistics Centers in Almaty and Astana Cities and Infrastructure Projects Finance by BIM (Infrastructure Development Category), respectively;
* DFCC Bank and Development Bank of Kazakhstan (DBK) for their RECOGEN Project and Construction of Polycrystalline Silicum Plant (Technology Development), respectively;
* Development Bank of Japan and DFCC Bank for their Public Private Partnership Projects and Renewable Energy for Rural Economic Development (RERED)(Local Economic Development), respectively; and
* Bank Keshavarzi for its Hazrat Zeynab Project: An Application of Qard-al-Hassanah Funds for Poverty Alleviation of Rural Household-headed Woman in Iran (Development Finance-Led Poverty Reduction).
Special citations were also given to the project entries of the:
* Bank of Industry and Mine on Quantifying of Skills and Individual Characteristics (Human Resource Development Category) ;
* Small Industries Development Bank of India on National Venture Fund for Software and Information Technology Industry (NFSIT) (SME Development Category); and
* House Building Finance Corporation on “Khuda ki Basti”, Social Empowerment of the Poor (Development Finance Le-Led Poverty Reduction).
The ADFIAP Awards, already in its 12th year running, has recognized the outstanding people and project achievements of member-banks and has become the hallmark of development performance and excellence in the region. It has been receiving accolades from various organizations for its essential role in empowering its member institutions to pursue development projects that contributes to the development of ADFIAP members respective countries, to the Asia- Pacific region, and into the whole world, in general.